Name:
Location: Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States

I love writing and reading. I am secretary of our church, treasurer for my youngest sons cub scout pack. I love being involved in my childrens activities.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Well, finally, a little bit of time to write some news. Tim is out at the gym, and Eric has taken the other kids up to the park in the good weather. So nice to finally have some good weather! Although we never had near as much rain as we should have this year, it still seemed to me that it was taking forever for the sun to come out. I must say, I have become appreciative of the good weather when we get it, after being away from South Africa for so many years. I grew up and lived on the east coast of Durban, very beautiful, hot and humid place. Waaaaaay too hot sometimes! I have learned to put up with the rain here in the northwest, and the cooler weather does seem to agree with me, but I as I said, I definitely appreciate the sunshine now!
Although nothing is one hundred percent finalised yet, it seems as though my parents may leave on June 18th. My kids are pretty upset. Of course, we are all very sad. My dad has already stopped working at Safeway, and I know there are people missing him already. I went in to get a few things today, and when I went into the produce section, where he used to work, it seemed so strange not to see him there. I just grabbed a watermelon and left the rest of the stuff for another day, it was just too hurtful.
I wish there was something else we could do. We all came over here looking for a better life - and we found it. We have all been so happy here. None of us wants to leave. If anyone wants to make a financial investment on my parents behalf that would help. Legally, if anyone invests into the US economy, they may obtain green cards.
Hey, that could work! In return, my parents would love you, love you, love you. And so would my kids! Any takers?
Oh well! Back to the kitchen to prepare dinner. Haven't given out my blogspot yet, so no readers that I know of, I need to do that soon!
Later,
Maureen.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, well if the american goverment sends you lot back then they will be the poorer.
However, RSA will be the richer.
Not much has changed, AIds is still killing people, White people cannot find work, because of their skin colour, and our government says that this is because of all the years of apartheit, it is time for the job opportunities to be balanced out, however whites are not being employed, and the white owned companies are getting "token" black partners to qualify for tenders nowadays, and the crime is spiralling out of control. I would love to tell any american court judge just how you will be persecuted and targetted simply because of your skin colour. I could list all the instances and be here forever.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It goes without saying, but be prepared, get a defibrillator easy simple use here!

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

3:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Site . Nice work.
- www.blogger.com f
samsung ringtone
motorola ringtone
sony ericsson ringtone
nokia ringtone

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For what I have seen, this site is not bad at all
- maureentk.blogspot.com u
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2005 Harley-Davidson : Softail for sale. 2k miles

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home