Name:
Location: Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States

I love writing and reading. I am secretary of our church, treasurer for my youngest sons cub scout pack. I love being involved in my childrens activities.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Yes, yes, yes! We just found out this afternoon that my parents have been given an extension until September 15th 2005 while they wait for their British passports to arrive. It's not as good as hearing that they can stay in the country, but it certainly gives us a bit more time to spend together and for some special times for the grandparents/grandchildren. Brogan, our youngest son, who will be 7 in July was so disappointed that my parents would not be here when he participated in the 4th of July parade with his Cub Scout Pack, so he is really excited now that they will be here after all.
Usually, when I am emotionally stressed, I do one of two things: I either desire sleep so badly, that I actually am able to fall asleep at will and in any position or place if I am able to, or I read as much as possible. In this latest situation with my parent's case, I have been reading at every spare moment. I don't get much time, with four kids and all the rest of "it" (life in general), but staying up past midnight to "escape" into a good book is well worth it!
For those of you who are interested, I have read the following recently:

-"My Sister's Keeper" by Jodie Picoult - It was excellent and I highly recommend it.

-"We are All Fine Here" by Mary Guterson - It was somewhat funny, and quite shocking.

-"The Last Juror" by John Grisham - Fairly good, I preferred some of his other books more than this one.

-"The Taking" by Dean Koontz - Very Good, took a little while to get into, but by the middle of the book it was hard to put down, and then it took me a few days to get the story out of my system.

-"Frankenstein" by Dean Koontz - Also very good if you like this kind of stuff. Far fetched, but thought provoking, this was the first in a series, and I have to admit, I am looking out for number 2.

I'm currently reading another of Dean Koontzs' books, "Winter Moon", and then I think that will be my fill of him for another decade. We'll see.

Maureen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie Leung said...

Hooray for the extension!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent news to read of the extension.
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Anon
(a "reader" in the UK)

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home