Name:
Location: Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States

I love writing and reading. I am secretary of our church, treasurer for my youngest sons cub scout pack. I love being involved in my childrens activities.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Gypsy

Yesterday afternoon Katy and I went to see the last showing of "Gypsy" at the Bainbridge Island BPA playhouse.
We enjoyed it so much! I had explained to Katy prior to the performance, about the transition from vaudeville to burlesque and so she had an idea of what to expect. We relaxed and enjoyed the show.
Everyone gave a great performance, though I had a few favorites. We both thought Kelsey Mackin was great as Baby June - one of the reasons we came to watch, she and Katy attend dance together. She was really cute!
I also thought Mike Loudon (Herbie) was great! Sometimes it can be easy to overlook certain male characters, in a female-dominated performance, but he played his character so well, it was hard not to notice him.
The cherry on the top for me was watching the scenes involving Mazeppa played by Hannah Crichton. I was entranced watching her play this "stripper with a gimmick," knowing she is a clean-cut high school, dance girl! She totally transformed herself - AND made it look easy! Her eyes and her mouth told me how seriously she was into her part, there were no worries about being self-conscious. A true actress - Bravo!
As I said before, everyone was great. I wish I could recommend that you go see it for yourself, but unfortunately, this run is over.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home