Name:
Location: Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States

I love writing and reading. I am secretary of our church, treasurer for my youngest sons cub scout pack. I love being involved in my childrens activities.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Day Ten - 10 Things

1. I do not like running.

2. I recently "discovered" true crime novels, and I have enjoyed reading this genre occasionally. So far, I have read stuff by Gregg Olsen and Ann Rule.

3. I collect aprons. By mistake. I never meant to collect them, but I had one or two and then someone gave me one. My husband was given access to some unwanted ones and asked me if I wanted them. They were almost vintage and so charming, I couldn't refuse. Since then, I look out for aprons here and there, that I might like to purchase or make.

4. I always make trifle for dessert on Christmas day. It consists of vanilla cake (usually homemade), sherry, jello, fruit, custard, cream, cherries and nuts.

5. The last time I saw my grandma before she died, I knew it would be the last time I saw her. She lived with my parents and my husband and I had been visiting them for the day. When we left, my husband and the older two children walked ahead of me to the car. I was holding my then six month old baby daughter. I went over to my gran to kiss her goodbye. We hugged and kissed and as I turned away from her I knew with absolute certainty that I wouldn't see her again. So I turned back, with the intention of hugging her again, but then I quickly stopped myself - not wanting to make her sense my sadness or anxiety. As I turned, however, I looked into her eyes, and I could tell that she knew what I knew. My parents and my gran then left to go on a short vacation. Two days later my mom called me to tell me that my gran had passed away. I was heart broken and I still miss her so much. This happened twelve years ago.

6. I can fall asleep if someone plays with my hair.

7. I do not drink any kind of tea. At all. Ever.

8. I love having my back massaged.

9. I do not enjoy eating breakfast until I have been up and about for at least one or two hours.

10. My favourite bread is focaccia.

I am done! I am so happy! Yes!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gregg Olsen said...

Focaccia is my favorite, too!
Gregg Olsen
www.greggolsen.com

10:25 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thank you for your prayers, Maureen, they mean a lot to me!

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen
Glad to see you back blogging again. I really enjoyed reading 10 Things for 10 Days. When I read the part about Cousin Sam conned into eating a read chillie, I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair.
Anyway I hope all is going well on your side. All my love Fi :-)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Char said...

Hi Maureen
I just saw your comment over at Especially Heather and seeing as I'm a fellow Suid-Afrikaaner (a Durbanite too!) I thought I'd say hello. It's cold and grey and windy here today - hope it's nicer on the other side of the world! Cheers!

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home